1. It is much easier for me to talk about things that I hate than for things that I love. “Why do you like it?” “Oh, um, I just… I just do.” You kinda have to ask me really specific questions to get reasons out of me. But if I hate it, then I will never, ever shut up.
2. In one of the books I’m working on, I have yet to finish the final confrontation that concludes it and the previous book. This scene has been waiting since 2012 to really get anywhere. I’m moving very slowly on it. It might be related to the fact that I have to kill an important, amusing character off at the end.
3. I’m really, very picky about who I spend my time with. I don’t really mind getting dragged around by my boyfriend, but most people are people I wouldn’t really go out of my way to spend time with. I love my friends, but interacting with people is exhausting and I don’t look forward to it as much as I should.
4. I’m in grad school and somehow have gotten even lazier than I was before. I am, however, a bit obsessed with a study I’m doing about gender roles! (Shameless plug: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/B9SXR7Z) I wish I could get this invested in my other work.
5. I’ve been kicking depression and anxiety (among other things) in the butt lately. 🙂