You are unique.
You are valid.
You are loved.
You are enough.
You have always been enough. You will always be enough–and more, more than you may ever realize.
I don’t care if it feels like you don’t matter. You matter to somebody on this planet, even if you don’t think you do. Somebody out there needs you. Someone would be sad if you vanished.
Take a deep breath and kick depression (or whatever else is holding you back or frightening you) in its sorry butt. (Kick executive dysfunction in the butt while you’re at it.)
You matter. You have always mattered. You will always matter. Full stop. End of subject.
I have collected a great number of depression/anxiety/suicide resources over the years. I’m creating a more comprehensive way of containing them and making them more accessible to people who need them. See them below!
(I am well aware that some links are on there more than once. Please don’t message me regarding that.)
I love each and every one of you. <3 Please don’t be mad that I haven’t replied to you yet–I promise I’ll get to it when I’m healthier. I can do one or two every so often like I have been, but I’ve been pretty neglectful, and I’m truly, deeply sorry about that.
And remember: no matter how much things suck, it gets better.
Stand up every time you are knocked down.
It is okay to cry. And it is also okay to be afraid of getting back up.
But when it comes down to it, you need to do what is best for you, whether that’s ending a toxic friendship or learning how to manage your time better.
Everyone needs different things, and that doesn’t make you better or worse than anyone else.
You are loved. You are wanted. You are important.
Embody love to the best of your ability, and you will go far.
Take one step and then another step. Your journey will be long and hard. But you can do it.
Please stay here with us.
Motivational wallpapers (made by me!)
Self-care help (my personal reserve)
Reminder: You’re going to be okay. What you are going through will pass. Just remember to breathe.
Here are some distractions to help keep your mind occupied so you aren’t too focused on your thoughts.
- Draw something
- This website translates the time into colours.
- Create your own galaxy.
- Play flowing.
- Make a 3-D line travel where ever you like.
- Listen to music.
- Ocean mood; do nothing for two minutes.
- 8-hour sleep music.
- Rainy mood.
- Coping with nightmares.
- How to cope with nightmares, 11 steps.
- Foods that can affect your sleeping, both positively and negatively.
UNCOMFORTABLE WITH SILENCE
- Rainy mood.
- 10 hours of rain and thunder.
- 3 hours of rain and thunder.
- Human heartbeat.
- Sound of rain on a tin roof.
- Autumn wind.
- Rain on a tent.
- Traffic in the rain.
- Soft traffic.
- Simply noise.
- Rainy cafe.
- How to stop worrying.
- Tips to manage anxiety and stress.
- The 10 best-ever anxiety management techniques.
- Self-help strategies for anxiety.
- Helping a friend with anxiety.
- All about worrying.
- 8 myths about anxiety.
SAD, ANGRY, AND DEPRESSED/DEPRESSION
- “I’m always sad.”
- Feeling sad.
- Going through trauma.
- “I’m always angry.”
- Anger management.
- All about anger.
- National helplines and websites.
- Self-help strategies for depression.
- Dealing with depression at work.
- Dealing with depression at school.
ISOLATION AND LONELINESS
- Pets and mental health.
- All about loneliness.
- “I feel so alone.”
- 10 more ideas to help with loneliness.
- How to deal with loneliness.
- Alternatives to self-harm and distraction techniques.
- 146 things to do besides self-harm.
- More alternatives to self-harm.
- Self-harm alternatives.
- How to take care of self-harm wounds/injuries.
- Getting rid of scars.
- How to help a friend with a drug addiction.
- What is addiction?
- All about alcohol and addiction.
- The facts about drug addiction.
- Helping a friend with an eating disorder.
- Eating disorder treatments.
- Support services for eating disorders.
- Self-help tips with eating disorders.
- Eating disorder recovery.
- Recovering from an eating disorder.
- 100+ reasons to recover.
- Understanding and managing eating disorders.
DEALING WITH SELF-HATRED
- 3 ways to ease self-loathing.
- How to turn self-hatred into self-compassion.
- Self-hatred resources.
- 10-step plan to deal with self-hate.
- International suicide hotlines (1) (2)
- Preventing suicide.
- Reasons to stay alive.
- Dealing with suicidal thoughts and feelings.
- Coping with suicidal ideation.
- All about schizophrenia.
- Helping a person with schizophrenia.
- Understanding and dealing with schizophrenia.
- Delusions and hallucinations.
- Managing your OCD at home.
- Overcoming OCD.
- How to cope with OCD.
- Strategies for dealing with the anxious moments.
BORDERLINE PERSONALITY DISORDER
- Healthy relationships vs. abusive relationships.
- Emotional abuse.
- Overcoming sexual abuse.
- Hotlines services.
- 5 ways to escape an abusive relationship.
- Domestic violence support.
- Signs of an abusive relationship.
- What do to if you’re in an abusive relationship.
- Surviving abuse.
- What you can do if you’re sexually harassed.
- Sexual assault support.
- What to do if you’ve been sexually assaulted or abused.
- How to stand up against bullying.
- How to protect yourself when it comes to cyber-bullying.
- How to help stop people from bullying you.
LOSS AND GRIEF
- How to cope with a suicide of a loved one.
- Grieving for a stranger.
- Common reactions to death.
- Working through grief.
(Other loss and grief)
- Seeking help early.
- All about psychological treatments.
- Types of help.
- All about age and confidentiality.
THINGS YOU NEED TO REMEMBER
- Don’t stress about being fixed because you’re not broken.
- Remember to remind yourself of your accomplishments. Tell yourself that you’re proud of yourself, even if you’re not.
- This is temporary. You won’t always feel like this.
- You are not alone.
- You are enough.
- You are important.
- You are worth it.
- You are strong.
- You are not a failure,
- Good people exist.
- Reaching out shows strength.
- Don’t listen to the thoughts that are not helping you.
- Give yourself credit.
- Don’t be ashamed of your emotions, for the good ones or the bad ones.
- Treat yourself the same way as you would treat a good friend.
- Focus on the things you can change.
- Let go of toxic people.
- You don’t need to hide; you’re allowed to feel the way you do.
- Try not to beat yourself up.
- Something is always happening; you don’t want to miss out on what’s going to happen next.
- You are not a bother.
- Your existence is more than your appearance.
- You are smart.
- You are loved.
- You are wanted.
- You are needed.
- Better days are coming.
- Your past being dark doesn’t mean your future isn’t bright.
- You have more potential than you think.
- Your value doesn’t decrease based on someone’s inability to see your worth.
Please remember to look after yourself and know that you are more than worth it and you deserve to be happy. Keep smiling, butterflies x
Don’t let it get you down. Just get it done.
- You are allowed to be whatever gender or religion you most identify with. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
- You are a darling, lovely individual who deserves love and happiness. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
- You are worthy of being wherever you are in life. You can do anything if you put your mind to it. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
You were created to love and be loved.
People need other people.
Your story is important.
Better days are ahead.
Hope and help are real.
The deaf and hard of hearing can contact the Lifeline via TTY at 1-800-799-4889. All calls are confidential. Contact social media outlets directly if you are concerned about a friend’s social media updates or dial 911 in an emergency. Learn more on the NSPL’s website .
International Suicide Hotlines Listed Below
(Outside of the United States)
Please click on your country below:
Feeling generous and want to thank me for my work on this blog? Then please click here and donate to me via PayPal!
I edit blog posts for $5 each via Fiverr. I’d love to help you out!
Don’t have a dime to spare? That’s totally fine! 🙂 Thanks for your support~!