This is me personally saying, from the bottom of my heart, “It’s okay. You will be okay one day.”
You are unique.
You are valid.
You are loved.
You are enough.
You have always been enough. You will always be enough–and more, more than you may ever realize.
I don’t care if it feels like you don’t matter. You matter to somebody on this planet, even if you don’t think you do. Somebody out there needs you. Someone would be sad if you vanished.
Take a deep breath and kick depression (or whatever else is holding you back or frightening you) in its sorry butt. (Kick executive dysfunction in the butt while you’re at it.)
You matter. You have always mattered. You will always matter. Full stop. End of subject.
I have collected a great number of depression/anxiety/suicide resources over the years. I’m creating a more comprehensive way of containing them and making them more accessible to people who need them. See them below!
(I am well aware that some links are on there more than once. Please don’t message me regarding that.)
I love each and every one of you. ❤ Please don’t be mad that I haven’t replied to you yet–I promise I’ll get to it when I’m healthier. I can do one or two every so often like I have been, but I’ve been pretty neglectful, and I’m truly, deeply sorry about that.
And remember: no matter how much things suck, it gets better.
Stand up every time you are knocked down.
It is okay to cry. And it is also okay to be afraid of getting back up.
But when it comes down to it, you need to do what is best for you, whether that’s ending a toxic friendship or learning how to manage your time better.
Everyone needs different things, and that doesn’t make you better or worse than anyone else.
You are loved. You are wanted. You are important.
Embody love to the best of your ability, and you will go far.
Take one step and then another step. Your journey will be long and hard. But you can do it.
Motivational wallpapers (made by me!)
Self-care help (my personal reserve)
Reminder: You’re going to be okay. What you are going through will pass. Just remember to breathe.
Here are some distractions to help keep your mind occupied so you aren’t too focused on your thoughts.
- Draw something
- This website translates the time into colours.
- Create your own galaxy.
- Play flowing.
- Make a 3-D line travel where ever you like.
- Listen to music.
- Ocean mood; do nothing for two minutes.
- 8-hour sleep music.
- Rainy mood.
- Coping with nightmares.
- How to cope with nightmares, 11 steps.
- Foods that can affect your sleeping, both positively and negatively.
UNCOMFORTABLE WITH SILENCE
- Rainy mood.
- 10 hours of rain and thunder.
- 3 hours of rain and thunder.
- Human heartbeat.
- Sound of rain on a tin roof.
- Autumn wind.
- Rain on a tent.
- Traffic in the rain.
- Soft traffic.
- Simply noise.
- Rainy cafe.
- How to stop worrying.
- Tips to manage anxiety and stress.
- The 10 best-ever anxiety management techniques.
- Self-help strategies for anxiety.
- Helping a friend with anxiety.
- All about worrying.
- 8 myths about anxiety.
SAD, ANGRY, AND DEPRESSED/DEPRESSION
- “I’m always sad.”
- Feeling sad.
- Going through trauma.
- “I’m always angry.”
- Anger management.
- All about anger.
- National helplines and websites.
- Self-help strategies for depression.
- Dealing with depression at work.
- Dealing with depression at school.
ISOLATION AND LONELINESS
- Pets and mental health.
- All about loneliness.
- “I feel so alone.”
- 10 more ideas to help with loneliness.
- How to deal with loneliness.
- Alternatives to self-harm and distraction techniques.
- 146 things to do besides self-harm.
- More alternatives to self-harm.
- Self-harm alternatives.
- How to take care of self-harm wounds/injuries.
- Getting rid of scars.
- How to help a friend with a drug addiction.
- What is addiction?
- All about alcohol and addiction.
- The facts about drug addiction.
- Helping a friend with an eating disorder.
- Eating disorder treatments.
- Support services for eating disorders.
- Self-help tips with eating disorders.
- Eating disorder recovery.
- Recovering from an eating disorder.
- 100+ reasons to recover.
- Understanding and managing eating disorders.
DEALING WITH SELF-HATRED
- 3 ways to ease self-loathing.
- How to turn self-hatred into self-compassion.
- Self-hatred resources.
- 10-step plan to deal with self-hate.
- International suicide hotlines (1) (2)
- Preventing suicide.
- Reasons to stay alive.
- Dealing with suicidal thoughts and feelings.
- Coping with suicidal ideation.
- All about schizophrenia.
- Helping a person with schizophrenia.
- Understanding and dealing with schizophrenia.
- Delusions and hallucinations.
- Managing your OCD at home.
- Overcoming OCD.
- How to cope with OCD.
- Strategies for dealing with the anxious moments.
BORDERLINE PERSONALITY DISORDER
- Healthy relationships vs. abusive relationships.
- Emotional abuse.
- Overcoming sexual abuse.
- Hotlines services.
- 5 ways to escape an abusive relationship.
- Domestic violence support.
- Signs of an abusive relationship.
- What do to if you’re in an abusive relationship.
- Surviving abuse.
- What you can do if you’re sexually harassed.
- Sexual assault support.
- What to do if you’ve been sexually assaulted or abused.
- How to stand up against bullying.
- How to protect yourself when it comes to cyber-bullying.
- How to help stop people from bullying you.
LOSS AND GRIEF
- How to cope with a suicide of a loved one.
- Grieving for a stranger.
- Common reactions to death.
- Working through grief.
(Other loss and grief)
- Seeking help early.
- All about psychological treatments.
- Types of help.
- All about age and confidentiality.
THINGS YOU NEED TO REMEMBER
- Don’t stress about being fixed because you’re not broken.
- Remember to remind yourself of your accomplishments. Tell yourself that you’re proud of yourself, even if you’re not.
- This is temporary. You won’t always feel like this.
- You are not alone.
- You are enough.
- You are important.
- You are worth it.
- You are strong.
- You are not a failure,
- Good people exist.
- Reaching out shows strength.
- Don’t listen to the thoughts that are not helping you.
- Give yourself credit.
- Don’t be ashamed of your emotions, for the good ones or the bad ones.
- Treat yourself the same way as you would treat a good friend.
- Focus on the things you can change.
- Let go of toxic people.
- You don’t need to hide; you’re allowed to feel the way you do.
- Try not to beat yourself up.
- Something is always happening; you don’t want to miss out on what’s going to happen next.
- You are not a bother.
- Your existence is more than your appearance.
- You are smart.
- You are loved.
- You are wanted.
- You are needed.
- Better days are coming.
- Your past being dark doesn’t mean your future isn’t bright.
- You have more potential than you think.
- Your value doesn’t decrease based on someone’s inability to see your worth.
Please remember to look after yourself and know that you are more than worth it and you deserve to be happy. Keep smiling, butterflies x
You were created to love and be loved.
People need other people.
Your story is important.
Better days are ahead.
Hope and help are real.
(Outside of the United States)
Please click on your country below:
Feeling generous and want to thank me for my work on this blog? Then please click here and donate to me via PayPal!
I edit blog posts for $5 each via Fiverr. I’d love to help you out!
Don’t have a dime to spare? That’s totally fine! 🙂 Thanks for your support~!
Reposting because it has come to my attention that it is Suicide Prevention Week. The 10th was apparently the main day, but it’s never too late to get help.
You are enough. Asking for help does not make you weak.
You can also talk to TSWatch if you or someone else is considering suicide.
Suicide might seem like the answer to your most pressing problems, but it’s not.
You are on this planet to be a beautiful disaster, a bringer of delightful chaos that enriches the lives of others, even if that seems untrue.
Everything you do, say, think, and feel matters. You affect all of creation with your every move.
You are an earth-shaker and a game-changer. There is no one else just like you, nor will anyone ever be able to take your place. Your uniqueness is eternal and glorious.
Your every move shatters a barrier.
Take a deep breath. Breathe slowly. Breathe three times, focusing on nothing else.
The world is clearer now; it’s less abrasive and less challenging.
Everything about you is gorgeous and amazing. Walk like you can win every battle you come up against. You made it this far, haven’t you? You’re still among the living! What makes you think you can’t survive and thrive?
You’ve got this.
You are loved. You are valid. You are amazing.
You don’t have to believe all this right now. It might take time. But tell yourself all of it–every day. One day, you might find conviction in your tone. Fake it until you make it.
Figure out what it is that you can do–something that no one else can do the way you do it. Shine brighter than ever.
If you are behind on work or other things you need to do, it’s okay.
Don’t let it get you down. Just get it done. Don’t worry about the time you feel you’ve wasted. Everything you do is done for a reason. Trust yourself.
Your every action changes the world. Start thinking like it.
Category: UncategorizedTags: abuse, anxiety, bullying, deaf, depression, depression resources, don't let anyone dull your sparkle, grief, international hotlines, international suicide hotlines, life, loss, love, loved, motivation, OCD, resources, schizophrenia, shine on, soontobenothing-butamemory, suicide, suicide awareness, suicide hotlines, suicide prevention, suicide prevention resources, tswatch, writeinspiration, you are made from the stuff of stars, you are valid, you matter