1. what you say is important, but not as important as how you say it. either way, never underestimate the power of your words.
2. there is no such thing as having too much compassion. you will almost never regret being kind. you will almost always regret not being kind, though.
3. you are not the grades you get, the people you’ve dated, your social media presence, your career, or what you believe in. you are how you treat people. that’s it.
4. bring up the serious conversations. broadcast your emotions. teach people that it is okay to feel and it is okay to talk about it.
5. when someone is going through something they view as hard, it is not an invitation to invalidate their feelings because you have gone through something “harder.”
6. 1 in 5 people have a mental illness. it’s not weird to see a psychologist or be on psychiatric medications. like, at all.
7. talk therapy can benefit anyone, not just people with mental illnesses. viewing your mental health as a priority is always something to be proud of.
8. you’re not going to like yourself every day, but every day, you are growing and changing. you won’t always be this person. it’s never too late to become the person you want to be.
9. there is always someone who has gone through what you have gone through and nearly everyone is struggling. it’s cliche’, but you really aren’t ever as alone as you feel.
10. national suicide prevention lifeline: 1-800-273-8255