Can we talk about how in zombie shows/movies/books they always find a veterinarian and not a surgeon? Are veterinarians deemed more likely to survive the apocalypse?
- One of our professional skills is ‘not being bitten by patients’
- We actually have a good broad knowledge base for both surgical, medical, and GP things
- We’re used to improvising equipment because a lot of stuff is just not made for animals
- Meat safety is part of our training
- Our cars are often full of equipment, especially in mixed practice
- We probably weren’t in the human hospital at the initial outbreak