You fantasy writers trying to make your maps all pretty and even with a nicely dissectable “north” and “south” and neat kingdoms in boxes, but have you ever seen a real map before?
- Croatia steals three county’s shares of the waterfront on the Adriatic Sea.
- Lesotho is literally encircled by the country of South Africa on all sides.
- Chile spans half the length of a continent but it’s the width of the world’s largest needle.
- Half the fucking globe is a peninsula on top of a peninsula, reaching for a damn island.
- Except those islands, everything connects to something else.
Stop making worlds that look like
WesterosGreat Britain had a child with a rectangle! Be creative! Give your maps some diversity and life and story! Have fun with it!