Questions to ask instead of “Am I trans?”
Because, tbh the question itself is so hard to answer, mostly because of the way it is phrased. Same with “Am I a boy, girl, or non-binary?” Here I present you some other questions to navigate your gender questioning journey:
- Do I like to be reffered to/seen as/treated as a boy/girl/non-binary?
- Do I dislike being treated in other ways?
- What are my feelings relating my gender assigned at birth?
- What are my feelings regarding the gender I think I may be?
- Is there a certain gender you lean towards more than others? (For example, it never crossed my head that i may be unaligned non-binary. I would think i was a demigirl, then bigender, then demiboy, leaning away from girlhood and closer to boyhood with time, but I never thought I could be something other than a guy)
- One of the moments when I feel the most euphoria is when I see femenine guys. Masculine guys are too far away from me to relate. Does it feel better to see a guy who acts like you, a girl who acts like you, or a non-binary person who acts like you?
- How do you feel when you see yourself in clothes of the gender you think you may be?
- Do you not want to change your clothes back to the ones socially fitting to the gender you were assigned at birth? Do you tell yourself “just five more minutes” or something like that?
- When you see yourself in the mirror with clothes of the gender you think you may be, does that look like you, or a stranger?
- Does it look “strange” just because you’re not used to it, or is it so uncomfortable you want to take the clothes off?
- Are you scared of this “”“”“trans phase”“”“” being over? Are you scared of going back to identifying as your gender assigned at birth?
- What is the main reason why you think you may be trans? Is it related to gender roles? (Ex: liking more the clothes of the opposite gender)
- What is the main reason why you think you may not be trans? Is it related to gender roles? (Ex: liking more the clothes of your sex)
- Do you think you want to be certain gender because of the “Aesthetic”? (This could be either about the gender you think you may be or the gender you were assigned at birth)
- Can you explain why you “want” to be certain gender? Is there a logical reason?
- Would you rather get rid of your questioning by having you mind change to fit your body, or have your body change to fit your mind?
- If a magic being came to you right now and offered to give you the body that socially fits the gender you think you may be, knowing that you wont regret it, what would you say?
- Based on the evidence, what do you think is more likely? That you are cis or that you’re trans?