– Play “don’t let the balloon hit the floor” with multiple balloons while at the same time playing “the carpet is lava”
– play hide-and seek in a mall or large public place
– dress up in elaborate costumes to do normal things like go to walmart
– play hide-and-seek or something in walmart without getting kicked out
– get on youtube with friends and try to learn a new talent like juggling or dancing or something
– look at the ingredients in the house and google what you can bake with them
– go to a park you’ve never been to before and walk around like you’re an adventurer discovering everything (“I do say! This here looks like a leaf! What an interesting specimen!”)
– just go to a park in general. I mean, they got slides and swings and crap. Get all over that (but don’t be a jerk. kids are awesome. let them play first).
– dig up toys/games from when you were a kid. Try to play Nintendo 64 games on your hi-def TV. Feel yourself get cut by the sharp, pointy pixels.
– make a super tacky music video to a song that you thought was super cool when you were in middle school
– draw with chalk, blow bubbles, jump rope, ride your bike around your neighborhood
in general, just stop pretending you’re too cool to do the fun stuff you did when you were 10. 10-year-olds don’t have money to spend on entertainment, and yet I notice that they have more fun than anybody. Have an awesome summer, everybody.